Best of Rodney Dangerfield and Henny Youngman!
One-liners are great at a "Roast" retirement party. Know your audience. Keep the jokes and humor respectful and dignified and funny. If you have a concern that the line might offend anyone, don't use it.
The following one-liners are from the Rodney Dangerfield and Henny Youngman. These two were the masters of the one-liner. It is unlikely that you will find the perfect line to use. I recommend customizing the joke to fit your needs. Be careful, be curteous and have fun.
- When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I
always found them.
- I'm at the age where I want two girls. In case
I fall asleep they will have someone to talk to.
- My problem is that I appeal to everyone that
can do me absolutely no good.
- My wife has to be the worst cook. Her
specialty is indigestion.
- One day as I came home early from work... I
saw a guy jogging naked. I said to the guy, "Hey buddy, why are you doing
that?" He said, "Because you came home early."
- One year they asked me to be poster boy - for
- The other night a mugger took off his mask and
made me wear it.
- My wife made me join a bridge club. I jump off
- You wanna have laughs? Do what I do. When I go
through a tollbooth, I keep going. I tell the guy, "The car behind me is
paying for two."
- I looked up my family tree and found three dogs using it.
- I came from a real tough neighborhood. In the local restaurant I sat down and had broken leg of lamb.
- My wife had her driver's test the other day. She got 8 out of 10. The other 2 guys jumped clear.
- I found there was only one way to look thin, hang out with fat people.
- I went to see my doctor. "Doctor, every morning when I get up and look in the mirror... I feel like throwing up. What's wrong with me?" He said, "I don't know but your eyesight is perfect."
- With my old man I got no respect. I asked him, "How can I get my kite in the air?" He told me to run off a cliff.
- My wife's not too smart. I told her, our kids were spoiled. She said, "All kids smell that way."
- My wife has to be the worst cook. I've got the only dog who begs for alka-seltzer.
- When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, "I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through."
- I bought a new Japanese car. I turned on the radio... I don't understand a word they're saying.
- A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, there's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.
- I bought a perfect second car... a tow truck.
- My old man, I told him I'm tired of running around in circles. So he nailed my other foot
- I come from a stupid family. During the civil war my great uncle fought for the West.
- My wife has to be the worst cook. I don't believe meatloaf should glow in the dark
- I was such an ugly kid… when I played in the sandbox, the cat kept covering me up.
- I'm taking Viagra and drinking prune juice - I don't know if I'm coming or going.
- My wife has to be the worst cook. In my house, we pray after we eat.
- I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
- I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest.
- I was so ugly my mother used to feed me with a sling shot.
- I had a good time last week. I did a show; the whole audience was midgets. I got a standing ovation - I didn't even know it!
- I come from a stupid family. My father worked in a bank. They caught him stealing pens.
- I have three kids, one of each.
- I had plenty of pimples as a kid. One day I fell asleep in the library. When I woke up, a blind man was reading my face.
Oh, last week was a rough week. I noticed my gums were shrinking. I was brushing my teeth with Preparation H.
- I have nothing but troubles with my car. Every Sunday I take my family out for a push.
- I have good looking kids. Thank goodness my wife cheats on me.
- I went to a freak show and they let me in for
- In the school I went to, they asked a kid to
prove the law of gravity and he threw the teacher out of the window.
- I came from a real tough neighborhood. On my
street, the kids take hubcaps… from moving cars.
- I drink too much. The last time I gave a urine
sample it had an olive in it.
- Boy, is my wife stupid! It takes her an hour
and a half to watch 60 minutes.
- I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me.
He said I was being ridiculous… everyone hasn't met me yet.
- I saved a girl from being attacked last night.
I controlled myself.
- My marriage is on the rocks again, yeah, my
wife just broke up with her boyfriend.
- My wife was afraid of the dark… then she saw
me naked and now she's afraid of the light.
- This morning when I put on my underwear I
could hear the fruit-of-the-loom guys laughing at me.
- I'm so ugly - my father carries around a
picture of the kid who came with his wallet.
- Two guys in a health club, one is putting on pantyhose. "Since when do you wear pantyhose?" "Since my wife found it in the glove compartment!"
- A man goes to a psychiatrist. The doctor says, "You're crazy" The man says, "I want a second opinion!" "Okay, you're ugly too!"
- A Polish guy locked his keys in the car. It took an hour to get his wife out.
- Can you really afford to give anybody a piece of your mind?
- "Doctor, my leg hurts. What can I do?" The doctor says, "Limp!"
He's a real pain in the neck; of course, some people have a lower opinion of him.Hollywood called me, asking me, "How much to do a movie with Farrah Fawcett?" "$50,000" They called back, "How about $20,000?" I said, "I'll pay it!"|
- I had a nightmare last night. I dreamed
Dolly Parton was my mother and I was a bottle baby.
- I haven't talked to my wife in three
weeks. I didn't want to interrupt her.
- I just got back from a pleasure trip. I
took my mother-in-law to the airport.
- I miss my wife's cooking -- as often as
- I take my wife everywhere, but she
keeps finding her way back.
- I took my wife to a wife-swapping
party. I had to throw in some cash.
- I've been married for 49 years. Where
have I failed?
- My horse was so late getting home, he
tiptoed into the stable.
- My room is so small, the mice are
- My wife and I have the secret to making
a marriage last. Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant, a little wine,
good food. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.
- My wife will buy anything marked down.
Last year she bought an escalator.
- Someone stole all my credit cards, but I won't be reporting it. The thief spends less than my wife did.
- There was a girl knocking
on my hotel room door all night! Finally, I let her out.
- While playing golf today I
hit two good balls. I stepped on a rake.
- My wife and I went back to
the hotel where we spent our wedding night. Only this time, I stayed in the
bathroom and cried.
- My wife and I went to a
hotel where we got a waterbed. My wife called it the Dead Sea.
- She’s been married so many
times she has rice marks on her face.
- I just got back from a
pleasure trip. I took my mother-in-law to the airport.
Henny Youngman's Favorite Insults
- I don't believe in reincarnation, but
what were you when you were alive?
If you have your life to live over again, don't do it.
He was born on April 2. A day late.
I'd like to say we're glad you're here -- I'd like to say it...
He gives his wife something to look forward to -- a divorce.
Why don't you go to a window and lean out too far?
I'm paid to make an idiot out of myself. Why do you do it for free?
Someday you'll go too far, and I hope you'll stay there.
Look at him, sex takes a holiday!
She got her good looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon.
Rodney Dangerfield and Henny Youngman were the masters of the one-liners. The one-liners that they used in their long careers are perfect for a roast retirement party speech. Comics are known to steal jokes and modify them for their own needs. You can do the same.
If you would like to own a web site like this and earn some extra money, click here.
Tip: To change the size of print on a page, hold down the Ctrl key and move the center wheel on the mouse. The print will get larger or smaller depending on the direction that you move the wheel.
Return to: Home * Party Themes * Party Checklist * Retirement Toasts